Thursday, November 14, 2013

Some Great Outdoor Activities to Do With Your Family

Any time you want to discuss outdoor activities at the home there are an unlimited number of options of games that you and your family can participate in. I grew up on a farm and as such, as children my brothers and I had to use our imaginations. That never stopped us from having fun. Quite the contrary actually.Here are some of the best games for you and your family to play outside.If you have a pool, then the sky is the limit. One of my favorite games to play in the pool is pool basketball. It requires a different level of athleticism than traditional on land games, and as such may even the playing field out for kids who are not at athletic.Another great activity to do in the water is go swimming. No surprises here, but swimming is fun and also happens to be great exercise. If you are looking for a great cardio workout, that is not as stressful and boring as taking a run, then do a few laps in the pool the next time the sun is shining.One of my fondest memories as a child was getting a slip n' slide for the backyard. Every Saturday during the summer the slip n' slide would come out and nothing but fun times would ensue.If you have an outdoor patio area, then it never hurts to bring out some board games on a gorgeous day and play some games. Some of my personal favorites include classics like Sorry, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. If you need some new board games, you can find some great classics online.If you have an area for a tree house close by, that is never a bad idea for good times. My father built us a tree house when I was younger and I honestly do not know what I would have done without it. That was our home base.There is no limit to the fun that you and your family can have outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment